Friday, December 12, 2008

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye

Its taken me a few trips to Delhi to start enjoying Dibakar Banerjee's stints like these, but truly, its been worth the while. I must admit, when I first saw Khosla ka Ghosla, I was no where close to comprehending why my fellow movie goers from the NCR region were falling off their chair every now and again.  :)


Oye lucky promised to be a bag of fun and I was not one bit disappointed. What made the movie a super comedy was not its wise cracks and jokes but the proper stitching together of the attributes that define the average dilliwales. Slick execution of the thefts and some kickass soundtracks to blend along with it.

I was quite impressed with the directors contribution to the lyrics, and the overall music as well (Check out the tracks Jugni, Superchor, and the title track). Great utilization of music to move the movie forward!

If you haven't seen this flick yet, go and watch it NOW! Watch it for being a dilliwala, for knowing a dilliwala, or heck not knowing one ever at all... watch it for some superb acting by 'the young sardar', Abhay Deol, and Paresh Rawal.. watch it for some funky punjabi music... watch it, for I promise, the next time you see a delhite shrug a  'namaste ji'... you will smile. :)

No comments: