Thursday, May 07, 2009

DevD



DevD. A kickass movie made after ages! Contrary to popular belief, this movie assures me of hope in Indian Cinema. I caught the first glimpse of this movie with the hillarious "Emosonal Attyachar" soundtrack on youTube, and for almost anyone who has seen this movie, the song has been a super hit!


I don't think this movie was meant for mass appeal, so I am not surprised that a lot of folks did not really like the movie or considered it too dark. But if you care for an unconventional blend of story, acting and music, look no more.

Inspired by the classic story of Devdas, this version proves to be a hell lot sexier. Abhay Deol with new faces Kalki and Mahi Gill set the screen on fire! The music in fact is unbelieveable awsome. Nayan tarse, rock version of emotional attyachar are two of my top tracks. While you will be blown away by the movie in the first watch, a second watch was is highly appropriate to appreciate the power of the music in this film. Its been months and I cannot tire from the music. Truely, a master piece.


1 comment:

Prajakta Kalekar said...

I didnt like the movie much.. But completely agree with you about the music.. It RULES!
Incidently, I loved the music of Aamir too (same music director).